Buy tickets for 8×8 Brewing Project 2020 here: https://yoopay.cn/event/8x8fest2020
A celebration of collaborative brewing in China
16 breweries from across the country
4 free-flow sessions of craft beer
136 unique beers to try!
Every year, the 8×8 Brewing Project pairs 8 breweries from Greater China with 8 breweries from a chosen region around the world to brew 8 kick-ass beers together. Our goal with this is to introduce new beers to thirsty Beijingers, build connections between brewers, and throw a huge bash for everyone involved!
We’re bringing it all home for the 2020 edition – a much-needed celebration in a tough, tough year.
We’ve invited 16 breweries from across China, with collaborations between north and south, east and west. There’ll be bold new beers, amazing food, great music and so much more. Our goal: bring the community together after our most challenging year yet and throw the greatest of all parties for you all!
8×8 is a labor of love and joy for us, and it feels timelier than ever right now. We can’t wait to welcome you all on October 16-17 in Beijing.
8×8 2020 will feature:
楚门津酿True Man Brewing Co. — Tianjin
牛啤堂 NBeer — Beijing
悠航鲜啤Slow Boat Brewery — Beijing
大九酿造Maha Nine — Hohhot
半吨, Half Ton Brewery — Shenzhen
佳卡哈Craft Head — Shenzhen
高大师Master Gao Brewing Co. — Nanjing
水猴子Myth Monkey Beer — Wuhu
丰收道酿 DaoBrew — Chengdu
美西啤酒 Wild West Brewing — Chengdu
立吞Hopscraft — Chongqing
拾捌精酿No. 18 Brewery — Wuhan
香格里拉啤酒厂Shangri-La Brewery — Yunnan
行匠Tripsmith — Guiyang
勿幕精酿Wumu Brewery — Xi’An
Over the summer we connect the 8 pairs of brewers so they can plan their collaborative brews. The project culminates with all 16 breweries gathering at our 2-day festival in Beijing to launch their beers. Each brewery also pours two of their own beers, giving you a total for 40 free-flow beers to enjoy at each session. The brewers will be at the 8×8 festival in person, so you’ll have a chance to learn the stories behind what you’re drinking – straight from the source!
This year, we’ve tweaked our magic formula for even more fun. All the 8×8 fixtures — music, food, tattoos — will return, with more surprises in store as we get closer to the festival date.
- The 8×8 Festival will have 4 free-flow tasting sessions on Oct. 16-17
Friday 16 October:
VIP Preview Session: 7pm-8pm
Session 1: 8pm-11pm
Saturday 17 October:
Session 2: 12pm – 3pm
Session 3: 4pm-7pm
Session 4: 8pm-11pm
- Each session is 3 hours long, so you’ve got time to try as much beer as you’d like!
- There will be 8 collaboration beers and 32 rotating beers on tap, giving you a total of 40 Beers to try at each session.
- Across all four sessions we’ll be featuring 136 unique beers
(4 sessions x 32 = 128 rotating beers + 8 collaboration brews).
What do the different tickets get you?
- All guests receive an 8×8 tasting glass to take home
- Single Session (150元) passes get you into a 3-hour session of free-flow beer, valid for time slot listed on the ticket.
- All-Session passes (550元) get you unlimited access to all four sessions, and the VIP All-Access Pass (650元) is all that PLUS an exclusive rare bottle tasting with the brewers from 7-8PM on Friday, immediately before Session 1, plus an 8×8 Gift Bag with extra swag!
We hope you’ll join us!